Metro Brief: Miss America 2014 talks STEM education Feb. 25
Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluri, a STEM graduate, will speak at the event at Montgomery College. Kevin Baines/University of Mississippi
Montgomery College will welcome Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluri, a STEM graduate, for a candid discussion on STEM education and cultural diversity on Tuesday, February 25 at 7 p.m. in Globe Hall, High Technology and Science Center, 20200 Observation Drive in Germantown.
The discussion, titled "Revealing the Beauty of STEM," is free and open to the public.
A University of Michigan graduate who just completed medical school requirements at Le Moyne College in New York, Davuluri's 30-minute presentation will address her commitment to education, her personal platform, the importance of women in science, technology, engineering, and math careers.
Last September, Davuluri was crowned Miss America 2014 at the pageant held at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ, becoming the first Indian American and second Asian American to be chosen Miss America.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More districtchronicles News Articles
Recent districtchronicles News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DISTRICTCHRONICLES NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DISTRICTCHRONICLES NEWS
- UNCF loses labor group support over Koch gift
- Congressional Black Caucus puts the ‘con’ in conscience
- Beware of debt settlement programs!
- Metro Brief: Howard University explores diversity with HBCU trip to Beijing
- Faith spurred Freedom Summer volunteers
- Gay groups pull support for ENDA over religious exemptions
- The Supreme Court’s ‘religious freedom’ scam
RECENT DISTRICTCHRONICLES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age