Metro Brief: Miss America 2014 talks STEM education Feb. 25
Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluri, a STEM graduate, will speak at the event at Montgomery College. Kevin Baines/University of Mississippi
Montgomery College will welcome Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluri, a STEM graduate, for a candid discussion on STEM education and cultural diversity on Tuesday, February 25 at 7 p.m. in Globe Hall, High Technology and Science Center, 20200 Observation Drive in Germantown.
The discussion, titled "Revealing the Beauty of STEM," is free and open to the public.
A University of Michigan graduate who just completed medical school requirements at Le Moyne College in New York, Davuluri's 30-minute presentation will address her commitment to education, her personal platform, the importance of women in science, technology, engineering, and math careers.
Last September, Davuluri was crowned Miss America 2014 at the pageant held at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ, becoming the first Indian American and second Asian American to be chosen Miss America.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More districtchronicles News Articles
Recent districtchronicles News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DISTRICTCHRONICLES
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DISTRICTCHRONICLES NEWS
- Lifting communities from poverty by raising minimum wage
- Diane Rehm: People need to talk about the right to die
- Residential College at Yale named for first African-American Episcopal...
- Teeth tips to totally take the years off
- ‘Saints & Sinners’ season finale becomes Bounce TV's most-watched program...
- Silence is key to singing success for Missouri cloistered nuns
- Harriet Tubman, Martin Luther King, Jr., Marian Anderson and Sojourner Truth...
RECENT DISTRICTCHRONICLES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- New CDC Guidelines Seen as Boost for Chiropractic Care
- 10 Questions to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- The Prenatal Vitamin Your Mom Wishes She Had
- Help Find the Best Cancer Treatments for Kids
- Are You Eating Enough Vegetables a Day?
- Encryption Technology for Your Privacy
- Get to Know Sarcoidosis: A Complex, Misunderstood Disease
- What Is Million?
- Sugar Gliders, Pangolins & Foxes, Oh My! New Novel...
- Mom Knows Best: Even When Buying a Mother's Day Gift
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Launch Bold Initiative to Help
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere
- Ready for summer? Your next move can save you money, on self storage.
- GSK to Host "Rowing & Cycling Challenge" on World Meningitis Day