HD Woodson, Paul VI score wins in 2012 City Title games
On Tuesday, March 20 HD Woodson's Lady Warriors captured their third city title in five seasons defeating the Lady Falcons of Good Counsel, 64-54. The Paul VI Panthers made history earning their first city championship outlasting the Coolidge Colts, 70-64.
"We knew our pressure would give them problems," said Coolidge HS head coach Frank Oliver. "Chanel Green is one of the best defensive players [in the city]."
Senior guard Chanel Green scored 11 points and grabbed 5 steals in the win.
On the boys' side, Paul VI took the court missing one of their key ball handlers, junior guard Stanford Robinson. It didn't seem to matter. The Panthers other starters stepped up and their reserves pitched in 14.
"You know, as a coach, when you get a chance to see your kids smiling for the last game they play of the season, it's really special," beamed Paul VI head coach Glenn Farello after the win.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More districtchronicles News Articles
Recent districtchronicles News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DISTRICTCHRONICLES
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DISTRICTCHRONICLES NEWS
- Willie Jolley’s wealthy ways: Roberts brothers success story
- Children’s Guild D.C. Public Charter School holds open houses
- Legislative forum focuses on gun safety
- District Council passes body camera law
- RushCard empowers, helps people manage money
- Black businessmen stand up for using Black-owned banks
- DCHFA: Bowen Flats to revitalize Ward 8
RECENT DISTRICTCHRONICLES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The ABCs of ACA -- Advice for Business Owners in 2016
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?