Wizards lose to Cavs, 98-89, upset the Bulls, 87-84
Wizards G No. 1 John Wall scored 16 points and dished 5 assists in Washington’s 87-84 win over Chicago.
On Saturday, April 14 the visiting Cleveland Cavaliers shot over 65 percent in the 1st half and defeated the Wizards, 98-89. Coming off their worst loss of the season, a 103-65 drubbing at the hands of the Knicks, Washington started the game flat and played catch up for three quarters.
"We got off to a rough start in that first quarter," said Wizards head coach Randy Whitman. "We never had any control of the game. We were playing from behind the whole game. Our focus tonight coming out of timeouts wasn't very good. We didn't have a sense of urgency."
With the score tied at 22 after the first quarter, Cleveland built a nine-point lead in the second. Just before the break, John Wall beat his defender to the rim for a scoop layup to cut the lead to 7. Wall scored a game-high 19 points and dished 9 assists.
"I did a good job not turning the ball over tonight, but we still came out with a loss and that's the most disappointing thing," said Wall.
In the third quarter, the Wizards cut the lead to two when Kevin Seraphin hit a turnaround jumper (50-48) before Cleveland head coach Byron Scott called a timeout. Seraphin finished with 15 points and 4 rebounds. A few minutes later, Washington tied the game (52-52) on a Jordan Crawford layup.
The Cavaliers answered with an 11-2 run. The Wizards battled back to cut the lead to 2 to close the third chapter.
The short-handed Cavs outscored the Wizards 25-18 in the fourth to hand the Wizards their second straight loss.
The Wizards upset the Bulls, 87-84 in Chicago on Monday, April 16. Washington center Kevin Seraphin finished with 21 points and 13 rebounds. John Wall scored 16.
The Wizards defeated the Milwaukee Bucks, 121-112 on Wednesday, April 18.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More districtchronicles News Articles
Recent districtchronicles News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DISTRICTCHRONICLES NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DISTRICTCHRONICLES NEWS
- D.C. residents back Pope on immigration crisis
- Haven’t I seen these people before
- Black chambers, hotel owners form partnership to back each other
- Metro Brief: Grosso bill to ban Pre-K suspensions, expulsions
- Metro Brief: Norton calls gun amendment ‘madness’ for nation’s capital
- Obama reaches solution between gay rights, religious freedom
- NAACP promises voter mobilization for election year battle
RECENT DISTRICTCHRONICLES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- ¿Pensando en la jubilación y el Seguro...
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...