D.C. United schedule for April 30 - May 4
Washington, D.C. (April 30, 2012) - Coming off a 3-2 victory over the Houston Dynamo on Saturday night at RFK Stadium, D.C. United (4-2-3; 15 pts.), riding an MLS-best seven-game unbeaten streak will travel to the West Coast to take on the San Jose Earthquakes (6-1-1; 19 pts.). Following the mid-week matchup with the Earthquakes, the Black-and-Red will travel to Toronto for a Saturday afternoon contest against a winless Toronto FC squad.
Media wishing to speak with players or coaches during the weeklong stretch should contact Ryan Tronovitch at 607-237-3865 or via e-mail at RTronovitch@dcunited.com.
Who: D.C. United players and coaches
What: Training and media availability
When: Monday, April 30; 4:30 p.m. in San Jose
Tuesday, May 1; 1:00 p.m. in San Jose
Wednesday, May 2: Game Day
Thursday, May 3: OFF
Friday, May 4: 4:00 p.m.
MLS-best seven-game unbeaten streak
D.C. United is now on an MLS-best seven-game unbeaten streak. The streak began with a 0-0 tie
with Vancouver Whitecaps FC back in March. During that time, the Black-and-Red have netted
14 goals, while only letting in six. A bit factor along the streak has been not only the impressive
performance of United's defense, but also the good form of strikers Chris Pontius and Maicon
Santos with second multi-goal game of season
Maicon Santos has proven to be a formidable force leading United's attack. With six goals
through nine games this season, Santos is among the top four in the League when it comes to
scoring and had his second multi-goal game of the season against the Houston Dynamo on
United's stingy defense
Despite an inconsistent pairing in the central defense, D.C. United has mounted an impressive
seven-game unbeaten streak, where only two teams have had multi-goal games. The two teams:
last year's MLS Cup Champions, the LA Galaxy, and the runners-up, the Houston Dynamo.
Broadcasting and P.A. Request: When speaking of the organization, please refer to the team as either "D.C. United" or "United," but not "the D.C. United" or "the United." We appreciate your cooperation.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More districtchronicles News Articles
Recent districtchronicles News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DISTRICTCHRONICLES
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DISTRICTCHRONICLES NEWS
- County Seeks Volunteers to Work With Victims of Sexual Assault
- Empowering Kids to Combat the 'Trump Effect'
- Religious groups to Obama: Dismantle immigration registry’s framework
- Fidel Castro Is Dead
- Fuller Theological Seminary students want a sanctuary campus
- Sharpton Announces D.C. March During MLK Weekend 2017
- Children Say Goodbye to First Lady Michelle at One of Her Final White House...
RECENT DISTRICTCHRONICLES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities