D.C. United schedule for April 30 - May 4
Washington, D.C. (April 30, 2012) - Coming off a 3-2 victory over the Houston Dynamo on Saturday night at RFK Stadium, D.C. United (4-2-3; 15 pts.), riding an MLS-best seven-game unbeaten streak will travel to the West Coast to take on the San Jose Earthquakes (6-1-1; 19 pts.). Following the mid-week matchup with the Earthquakes, the Black-and-Red will travel to Toronto for a Saturday afternoon contest against a winless Toronto FC squad.
Media wishing to speak with players or coaches during the weeklong stretch should contact Ryan Tronovitch at 607-237-3865 or via e-mail at RTronovitch@dcunited.com.
Who: D.C. United players and coaches
What: Training and media availability
When: Monday, April 30; 4:30 p.m. in San Jose
Tuesday, May 1; 1:00 p.m. in San Jose
Wednesday, May 2: Game Day
Thursday, May 3: OFF
Friday, May 4: 4:00 p.m.
MLS-best seven-game unbeaten streak
D.C. United is now on an MLS-best seven-game unbeaten streak. The streak began with a 0-0 tie
with Vancouver Whitecaps FC back in March. During that time, the Black-and-Red have netted
14 goals, while only letting in six. A bit factor along the streak has been not only the impressive
performance of United's defense, but also the good form of strikers Chris Pontius and Maicon
Santos with second multi-goal game of season
Maicon Santos has proven to be a formidable force leading United's attack. With six goals
through nine games this season, Santos is among the top four in the League when it comes to
scoring and had his second multi-goal game of the season against the Houston Dynamo on
United's stingy defense
Despite an inconsistent pairing in the central defense, D.C. United has mounted an impressive
seven-game unbeaten streak, where only two teams have had multi-goal games. The two teams:
last year's MLS Cup Champions, the LA Galaxy, and the runners-up, the Houston Dynamo.
Broadcasting and P.A. Request: When speaking of the organization, please refer to the team as either "D.C. United" or "United," but not "the D.C. United" or "the United." We appreciate your cooperation.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More districtchronicles News Articles
Recent districtchronicles News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DISTRICTCHRONICLES
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DISTRICTCHRONICLES NEWS
- The emotional damage and silencing of rape victims
- Carter G. Woodson - An example of climbing out of poverty
- Former abandoned storefront becomes cultural mecca
- Metro Brief: Community invited to get free FAFSA assistance Feb. 26
- Metro Brief: Civil rights movement and Black women exhibit at Germantown Library
- Terror in the name of religion
- Report looks at income inequality MLK decried
RECENT DISTRICTCHRONICLES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone