D.C. United schedule for April 30 - May 4
Washington, D.C. (April 30, 2012) - Coming off a 3-2 victory over the Houston Dynamo on Saturday night at RFK Stadium, D.C. United (4-2-3; 15 pts.), riding an MLS-best seven-game unbeaten streak will travel to the West Coast to take on the San Jose Earthquakes (6-1-1; 19 pts.). Following the mid-week matchup with the Earthquakes, the Black-and-Red will travel to Toronto for a Saturday afternoon contest against a winless Toronto FC squad.
Media wishing to speak with players or coaches during the weeklong stretch should contact Ryan Tronovitch at 607-237-3865 or via e-mail at RTronovitch@dcunited.com.
Who: D.C. United players and coaches
What: Training and media availability
When: Monday, April 30; 4:30 p.m. in San Jose
Tuesday, May 1; 1:00 p.m. in San Jose
Wednesday, May 2: Game Day
Thursday, May 3: OFF
Friday, May 4: 4:00 p.m.
MLS-best seven-game unbeaten streak
D.C. United is now on an MLS-best seven-game unbeaten streak. The streak began with a 0-0 tie
with Vancouver Whitecaps FC back in March. During that time, the Black-and-Red have netted
14 goals, while only letting in six. A bit factor along the streak has been not only the impressive
performance of United's defense, but also the good form of strikers Chris Pontius and Maicon
Santos with second multi-goal game of season
Maicon Santos has proven to be a formidable force leading United's attack. With six goals
through nine games this season, Santos is among the top four in the League when it comes to
scoring and had his second multi-goal game of the season against the Houston Dynamo on
United's stingy defense
Despite an inconsistent pairing in the central defense, D.C. United has mounted an impressive
seven-game unbeaten streak, where only two teams have had multi-goal games. The two teams:
last year's MLS Cup Champions, the LA Galaxy, and the runners-up, the Houston Dynamo.
Broadcasting and P.A. Request: When speaking of the organization, please refer to the team as either "D.C. United" or "United," but not "the D.C. United" or "the United." We appreciate your cooperation.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More districtchronicles News Articles
Recent districtchronicles News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DISTRICTCHRONICLES
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DISTRICTCHRONICLES NEWS
- Exclusive: Sugar Ray Leonard Reflects on “No Más” 35 Years Later
- Terrorist Attack Colors
- Veterans honored with housing and haircuts
- Blacks and poor want EPA to address environmental racism
- Demonizing Black student protest
- University of Missouri football team wins on, off field
- The economic gospel of churches
RECENT DISTRICTCHRONICLES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Oleg Frish's Dream Comes True With New Duets Album
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Knowledge Gaps in Vaccination Against Meningococcal Disease
- Five Easy Steps to Own Holiday Shopping on a Budget
- CSUN Secular Student Alliance holds their first meeting
- Application Deadline Near for $100,000 Excellence in Innovation Award
- Voto Latino to Host Event on Climate Change Challenges & Opportunities