D.C. United schedule for April 30 - May 4
Washington, D.C. (April 30, 2012) - Coming off a 3-2 victory over the Houston Dynamo on Saturday night at RFK Stadium, D.C. United (4-2-3; 15 pts.), riding an MLS-best seven-game unbeaten streak will travel to the West Coast to take on the San Jose Earthquakes (6-1-1; 19 pts.). Following the mid-week matchup with the Earthquakes, the Black-and-Red will travel to Toronto for a Saturday afternoon contest against a winless Toronto FC squad.
Media wishing to speak with players or coaches during the weeklong stretch should contact Ryan Tronovitch at 607-237-3865 or via e-mail at RTronovitch@dcunited.com.
Who: D.C. United players and coaches
What: Training and media availability
When: Monday, April 30; 4:30 p.m. in San Jose
Tuesday, May 1; 1:00 p.m. in San Jose
Wednesday, May 2: Game Day
Thursday, May 3: OFF
Friday, May 4: 4:00 p.m.
MLS-best seven-game unbeaten streak
D.C. United is now on an MLS-best seven-game unbeaten streak. The streak began with a 0-0 tie
with Vancouver Whitecaps FC back in March. During that time, the Black-and-Red have netted
14 goals, while only letting in six. A bit factor along the streak has been not only the impressive
performance of United's defense, but also the good form of strikers Chris Pontius and Maicon
Santos with second multi-goal game of season
Maicon Santos has proven to be a formidable force leading United's attack. With six goals
through nine games this season, Santos is among the top four in the League when it comes to
scoring and had his second multi-goal game of the season against the Houston Dynamo on
United's stingy defense
Despite an inconsistent pairing in the central defense, D.C. United has mounted an impressive
seven-game unbeaten streak, where only two teams have had multi-goal games. The two teams:
last year's MLS Cup Champions, the LA Galaxy, and the runners-up, the Houston Dynamo.
Broadcasting and P.A. Request: When speaking of the organization, please refer to the team as either "D.C. United" or "United," but not "the D.C. United" or "the United." We appreciate your cooperation.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More districtchronicles News Articles
Recent districtchronicles News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DISTRICTCHRONICLES NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DISTRICTCHRONICLES NEWS
- Pushing for renaissance in the Black community
- Howard students get it: “No justice, no profit!”
- Don’t leave loved ones at each other’s throat
- Metro Brief: Unique educational partnership born on the Montgomery...
- Metro Brief: New 145,000-square-foot Bioscience Education Center is academic...
- On 9/11 anniversary, a survivor seeks national day of discussion
- Increase in incarceration stalls progress for Black men
RECENT DISTRICTCHRONICLES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections