ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program
Since 2007, ESA Foundation has provided more than $800,000 in scholarships for next generation of gaming innovators
Washington, D.C. February 1, 2017 – The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) Foundation scholarship program today announced it is accepting applications for its Computer and Video Game Scholarship Program for the 2017-18 academic school year.
ESA Foundation aims to enhance education and encourage diversity in the computer and video game industry. Each year, ESA Foundation awards up to 30 scholarships of $3,000 each to women and minority students pursuing video game-related degrees. Since the program’s inception, ESA Foundation has awarded more than 260 scholarships to students.
“My ESA Foundation scholarship is a pathway for me to make an impact on the gaming industry in ways that have yet to be discovered,” said past scholarship recipient Anna Nguyen.
Scholarships are offered for full-time undergraduate study at accredited four-year colleges and universities in the USA. Current high school seniors, college freshmen, sophomores and juniors are eligible to apply.
International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS), an independent scholarship administration company, manages the online application. Eligible applicants are evaluated on academic performance, academic honors, career plans and goals, extracurricular activities and special circumstances such as military service. Finalists are selected by an independent jury of industry experts.
Learn more about ESA Foundation scholarship program at http://esafoundation.org/scholarship.asp. The deadline to apply is April 27, 2017.
About ESA Foundation
Created by the American entertainment software industry, the ESA Foundation works to make a positive difference in the lives of America’s youth by providing scholarships to the next generation of industry innovators and supporting charitable organizations and schools that leverage entertainment software and technology. ESA Foundation is primarily supported by proceeds from its signature annual fundraiser, Nite to Unite and other charitable initiatives. For more information, please visit ESA Foundation’s website or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
About International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS)
Founded in 1985, International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. provides comprehensive scholarship, grant, tuition assistance and tuition reimbursement program management. ISTS is a 100% women-owned company, focused on offering cutting-edge technology and sustainable solutions to corporations, foundations, associations, unions and other scholarship-granting organizations worldwide. For more information about ISTS, visit www.applyISTS.com.
Marketing and Public Relations Manager, ISTS
creeves@applyISTS.com / 615.777.3735
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DISTRICTCHRONICLES
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DISTRICTCHRONICLES NEWS
- DHCD Acts to Preserve 63 Affordable Housing Units in Wards 4 and 8
- Mayor Bowser releases housing report
- District Holds First-Ever State Diploma Commencement for Residents Who...
- Here are Six Black Republicans that Trump Should Be Talking to about Cabinet...
- County Launches Dementia Friendly Initiative
- County Seeks Volunteers to Work With Victims of Sexual Assault
- Empowering Kids to Combat the 'Trump Effect'
RECENT DISTRICTCHRONICLES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas