The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
(NewsUSA) - Yes, there actually is one important fact that didn't get the attention it deserves during Super Bowl LI.
Both the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons, it turns out, employed team chiropractors to help get them there. As for why, Dr. Michael Miller, the winning Patriots' longtime team chiropractor, may have the best explanation.
"We're all committed to one goal," he says. "That's keeping the athletes performing at their maximum potential, and preventing and managing injuries as they occur. Most of the players receive (chiropractic) adjustments one to two times per week."
Now, no one's implying that chiropractic care was the deciding factor in who made it to Houston's NRG Stadium. In fact, every NFL team now uses chiropractors, and -- given the sport's physical intensity -- they're probably even more drawn than the general public to one of chiropractic's biggest plusses: It's seen as a safer and more effective alternative to potentially addictive prescription painkillers, which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently urged doctors to avoid prescribing after thousands of deaths linked to their abuse.
Doctors of chiropractic are known for their focus on the structure and function of the human body with hands-on techniques that help enhance things like flexibility, muscle strength, and range of motion. With a minimum of seven years of higher education, as the Foundation for Chiropractic Progress' Dr. Sherry McAllister notes, they're trained to address a broad range of health issues.
Here's one last bit of Super Bowl trivia: The average pro football team chiropractor provides 30 to 50 consultations and adjustments per week during the season, according to the Professional Football Chiropractic Society.
Learn more at F4CP.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent districtchronicles News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DISTRICTCHRONICLES
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DISTRICTCHRONICLES NEWS
- DHCD Acts to Preserve 63 Affordable Housing Units in Wards 4 and 8
- Mayor Bowser releases housing report
- District Holds First-Ever State Diploma Commencement for Residents Who...
- Here are Six Black Republicans that Trump Should Be Talking to about Cabinet...
- County Launches Dementia Friendly Initiative
- County Seeks Volunteers to Work With Victims of Sexual Assault
- Empowering Kids to Combat the 'Trump Effect'
RECENT DISTRICTCHRONICLES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital